An opportunity for a two year apprenticeship with Inver house Distillers has become available within old Pulteney Distillery in Wick. There is a possibility, the apprenticeship could be extended for a third year.
In year one, you will gain a General Certificate in Distilling, IOSH and TNA and in year 2, you will complete an SVQ in Spirits Operations Level 3 – SCQF 6.
The salary for this apprenticeship will be in the region of £18-19k.
Those interested can email their CVs to email@example.com
Purpose of role
To learn, understand and execute the tasks involved to process malted barley, yeast and water into new make spirit of a consistent quality. Assist in warehousing and all other distillery operations.
- Intake raw materials
- Process raw materials into alcohol
- Monitor and record process information
- Maintain a good standard of site housekeeping
- Assist with warehousing operations
- To stow and de-stow casks safely and efficiently
- To select and move casks
- Assist with tanker loading operations and take and record spirit accounts
- Adhering to HMRC, health & Safety, food safety, animal feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Any other distillery operations as required
- The working hours will be 38 hours per week.
- Formal modern apprentice training will be provided by external trainer.
- Distilleries Apprentice will be required to undertake further external training and gain certificate in distilling.
- Practical training will be provided on site.
- Required to work additional hours as necessitated by the needs of the business.
- Involves working in external conditions with exposure to extremes of weather
- PC Literate.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Full Driving Licence