The Young Person’s Guarantee commits to supporting all of Scotland’s young people to have a bright and prosperous future. We will deliver the guarantee throughout the North Highland region alongside multiple partners. To learn more about the team members in your area/school, visit the meet the team page.
To ensure young people are headed in a positive direction, the Young Person’s Guarantee will ensure that we support you to take part in one of the activities listed below after leaving secondary school.
- If you’re looking to continue with formal education after leaving school, we’ll help you identify and apply for the right course and learning path both locally or further afield.
- By helping in the community, you’ll gain invaluable skills and experience which are essential for the working world. We’ll put you in touch with organisations where your time and efforts will be celebrated and rewarded.
- Be prepared for opportunities before they appear. Training can make sure you’re best equipped for the job you want. We’ll help you figure out the best courses for you and how to book them. We can help you identify funding to pay for some training too.
- Learn in a real working environment with a Foundation Apprenticeship while you’re still in school or learn while you earn with a Modern or Graduate Apprenticeship. We work closely with employers in the region and can help you find the right apprenticeship for you.
- Ready to jump into the world of work? We’ll help you identify the job you want and will work with you to develop a CV and interview skills destined for success.