Mentoring Young People; Good Practice for Mentors – DYW
📅 Friday 30th June
- 🕕 09:30 – 12:00 BST
Whether you’re mentoring young people through work placements, apprenticeships or jobs this free training workshop offers practical insights and guidance to hone the skills required.
During the session you will explore key mentoring skills and tools, including the GROW model, and have an opportunity to practice these skills with guidance and support from an expert facilitator.
You will also receive a detailed guide to mentoring that is packed full of practical hints and tips as well as sources of reference for further self-directed learning.
This workshop is designed for individuals responsible for supporting young people on work placements as well as individuals responsible for managing apprentices or young employees within their organisation.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Have identified and practiced key skills and competencies, including:
- Building trust and support
- Understand how to adapt you approach for young people
- Have a simple model to provide structure to a mentoring conversation
These sessions will be delivered virtually through zoom.