Sutherland Girls on Boards is a project that aims to:
- Create a community.
- Back empowerment of females to be their true self. No one else.
- Embrace the beauty of Sutherland.
- All through paddle(board) power.
About the Event:
Winter Series: Sutherland Girls on Boards have partnered up with North Coast Watersports to deliver a few group surf sessions at Dunnet Beach, Caithness over the Winter months for those that have been paddling with Sutherland Girls on Boards over the Summer 2023 season.
- WHERE: Dunnet Beach, Thurso, Caithness
- WHEN: 10am – 7pm, Sunday 29th October 2023
- WHO: Teens (Females) living in Sutherland
The day will include travelling to and from Dunnet Beach, beach games/walk, lunch and surfing.
- We kindly ask that you only register on this event if you have been on the paddleboards with Sutherland Girls on Boards throughout Summer 2023 (at Loch Migdale, Little Loch Shin, Loch Brora and Loch Innes).
- We kindly ask that you only register for one surf session during the 23/24 winter season (sadly funding is super tight).
- Transport will be provided, starting in Bonar Bridge and working up the east coast.
- No surf experience is needed to take part but we do ask that you can swim. North Coast Watersports will go over the basics to make sure you’re comfortable on a board. You don’t need to own any equipment, they will provide that for you. This includes the surfboards, much thicker wetsuits, gloves and booties.
We will have limited spaces to ensure the best care and a great surfing experience! Please only register if you are sure you can attend. We hope the weather will be on our side, but Sutherland and Caithness can have other ideas at times so we may need to reschedule.
After you register on Eventbrite we will follow up with an email asking for a bit more info from you to get everything in order! If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.