- Fixed Term, Full Time
- Salary Range: £14,238
- Opportunities Available: Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Design
The apprenticeship is a comprehensive training programme lasting up to 4 years. It starts with a year of engineering foundation training at UHI NWH (Thurso) followed by up to 3 years of training and work experience at Dounreay and other locations, with day release for academic studies. The programme leads to an SCQF Level 7 SVQ in an engineering discipline and requires you to gain a Higher National Certificate in Engineering Systems.
This programme provides unique and challenging opportunities. The people we train today will have the opportunity to be involved in some of the most exciting technical projects in the world and to develop skills which will be increasingly needed both at Dounreay and in other areas of industry.
Candidates should have:
- Achieved (or expect to achieve) a minimum of National 5 (Grades A-C) or equivalent in mathematics, physics or engineering science and a technical subject
- Good Communication, team working & problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a practical interest in engineering
- There is a requirement to pass a colour vision assessment for electrical and instrument technicians
Closing date for applications: 16th February, 2024.
For futher information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.