John Gunn & Sons Ltd are a long-established company based in Caithness, Scotland, who specialise in civil engineering operations, quarry supplies and services, property development and plant hire.
This apprenticeship includes in-house training alongside completion of a HNC course in Civil Engineering at UHI Inverness on block release.
As an apprentice engineer you will be involved in a vast majority of projects including various setting out / surveying operations, preparation of drawings, health, safety, and environmental paperwork, measuring of material quantities and quarry materials testing.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Someone who can work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Good communications skills and able to build working relationships.
- Be self-motivated.
- National 5 in Maths and English.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Higher grade C or above in Maths (alternative access routes to college available if the applicant does not hold a grade C in Higher Maths).
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Word, Excel & Microsoft project.
Applicants are to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org