THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Post Title: Apprentice Electrician
Location: Housing Services Depot, Green Road, Wick
Hours: Full Time, 37 Hours Per Week
Salary: £21,952 – £25,877 p.a.
- Year 1 / Year 2 – Living Wage = £21,952
- Year 3 – 85% of HC05 = £21,996
- Year 4 – 90% of HC05 = £23,290
- Full Trade = HC05 £25,877
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Work towards achievement of an SVQ level 3 in a chosen trade ( joiner, plumber, electrician, painter or builder)
The Highland Council is actively seeking to hire an apprentice electrician to join their team. This presents a remarkable opportunity for individuals aspiring for a rewarding career.
This apprenticeship opportunity with the Highland Council not only provides a pathway to acquiring a respected trade qualification but also opens doors to a promising career in the electrical field.
The Construction Apprenticeship will provide an exciting alternative to full-time education and an opportunity to gain valuable work experience, skills and qualifications in a particular trade. Apprentices will not only learn basic skills but will be given the opportunity to gain more responsibility and put new skills into practice.
- Undertake work experience with fully qualified tradesperson carrying out day to day housing repairs and maintenance together with other repairs to Council properties
- Attend vocational education at local colleges on a block release or day release basis
- Work towards achievement of an SVQ level 3 in a chosen trade ( joiner, plumber, electrician, painter or builder)
- Work under supervision at a large variety of locations and using specialist tools and equipment
- Complete all necessary portfolios of work for achievement of training modules within agreed timetables
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to health & safety policy and procedures
- The minimum acceptance level for safe and effective job performance
- Practical experience attained at school
- Work Experience
- Genuine interest in trade skills e.g DIY at home
- Good basic education
- Ability to develop further skills and acquire further knowledge and understanding
- Willing and keen to undertake relevant SVQ qualifications
- Ability to listen and follow instruction
- Ability to organise own workload
- Displays genuine interest in chosen trade
- Displays positive attitude
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Willing to learn and show commitment and enthusiasm
- Respects others
To apply, please visit HERE.
Closing date for applications: 26th June 2023.
Contact Details: David Sutherland Tel: 07766 297954