John Gunn & Sons Ltd is a long-established quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt and ready-mixed concrete based in Caithness, Scotland.
This exciting apprenticeship opportunity will be based in our busy and well-established quarry at Bower, where the successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of quarry operations including:
- Operating ready-mix concrete plant
- Operating asphalt plant
- Materials testing
- Operating crushing and screening plant
- Operating mobile quarry plant
- General day to day maintenance
- Quarry health and safety
Practical and technical training shall be delivered through mineral products qualifications council along with industry training bodies.
- Be prepared to progress and develop within our business through training and gaining qualifications.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Someone who can work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Be self-motivated.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Full UK Driving licence is advantages with the flexibility to travel to our other quarries within the county.
- Basic maths.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
Applicants are to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org