DYW School Coordinator
Developing the Young Workforce North Highland are hiring!
Contract: 35 hours per week across North Highland schools.
Salary: £25,357.50 full time (42-week term contract) with salary paid over 12 months of the year
Do you want to be part of a team connecting employers with young people and working with partners to make this happen? Our DYW School Coordinator role may be just right for you
If you would like your working day to include activities like:
- Planning and co-creating employability, enterprise and wider curriculum learning opportunities with employers, educators and partners
- Identifying employer activities and events to support young people in school to prepare for the world of work
- Networking with the business community
- Making things happen for young people
And some of the day to day expectations that comes with this….
- Reporting on activities and progress
- Keeping up to date with labour market changes
- Collaborating and flying solo
- Leading and being part of regular meetings
If you are:
- Passionate about helping young people to be informed, inspired and hired
- Organised, enjoy planning, creative and innovative
- A great communicator, networker and influencer
- A collaborator, strategic thinker and doer
We would love to hear from you
This role is currently funded to 31 March 2024, with a view to extending contracts annually pending funding from Scottish Government. Your role will cover secondary schools within the North Highland region.
The role is classed as “regulated work” A protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) membership is required (application to the scheme is made by us upon conditional offer of the post)
How to apply:
Application by email to email@example.com including your CV and a short covering letter (maximum 1000 words) outlining why you would like to be a School Coordinator, your suitability for the post and how your experience matches the person specification.
Application deadline 29 September 2023