Developing they Young Workforce (DYW) are developing a suite of national DYW offers for schools to complement what already exists. Our aim is to provide a universal DYW offer and equity of access for all young people in Scotland.
Employer engagement in schools has a positive impact on educational attainment and young people’s exam results, with young people more likely to make a successful transition to a positive destination on leaving school. A universal DYW offer would:
- Provide educators with an easily accessible suite of programmes and resources that support the delivery of DYW in schools.
- Support the development of young people’s employability skills and their awareness of the world of work
- Align to specific curriculum areas and the Curriculum for Excellence experiences and outcomes
- Be flexible and adaptable to meet the learning needs of all young people
- Expose young people to a broad range of both regional and national employers
- Be easily accessible online through platforms such as Marketplace
To inform the development of a universal offer we are seeking feedback from educators and would appreciate your time to complete our short online survey. There will also be the opportunity for you to further inform this development by participating in focus group sessions in January 2022.
Please take 5 minutes to complete this survey before 17th December 2021 – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QDTHQN7