- Full Time, Permanent
- Location: Dounreay
- Salary: £20,254
Vacancies have arisen within our operations directorate for Health physics surveyor trainees to support the ongoing decommissioning programme. The training programme will last for 2 years and will include an NVQ in Radiological Protection. Throughout the training your progress will be monitored and assessed against Dounreay standards. You will compile an evidence folder, demonstrating your areas of learning with accredited certificates of completion for elements of your training.
After shortlisting those candidates invited to interview will require to undertake a short hand writing assessment.
- Undertake radiation and contamination surveying both on the Dounreay Site and offsite in accordance with the defined routine monitoring programme
- Undertake the changing of air sample and duct sample filter papers, and undertake counting of the filters to determine the activity present
- Support site operations as they progress by monitoring the radiological conditions and reporting the results
- Undertake surveying operations in areas with enhanced levels of radioactive contamination wearing appropriate PPE/RPE
- Review and support the production of health physics documentation
- Assist with the familiarisation and training of Health Physics staff
- Be required to participate in emergency on-call arrangements
- Perform the responsibilities of Local/Management Appointments relevant to post
Qualifications, aptitudes and experience
- Minimum of 3 National 5’s at Grade C or equivalent, including English, Mathematics and one Science subject
- Open, flexible approach to work and prepared to undergo training
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Required to be designated as a classified worker and as such must be 18 years old or over on or before 1st April 2024 in accordance with the Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017
- Post specific capability analysis
The successful candidates will be required to undergo security clearance checks.
To apply now, visit HERE.
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 30 October 2023
If you require assistance at any point during the recruitment process then contact email@example.com at the appropriate time so that we can make any necessary reasonable adjustment.